- Can I come out to the track and pay to run my car or motorcycle?
- AMP does not hold “track” days open to the public. The facility is available to clubs and track day organizations that hold events for their members. Local clubs such as: ProAutoSports, NASA ProRacing-AZ, PCA-AZ Region (Porsche Club of America), Xcel Trackdays(Motorcycles), SCCA, and others are typical users.
Is drifting allowed at AMP?No.The tire smoke, squealing tires and loud engine noises are not “Neighbor Friendly”.
- How quiet does my car or motorcycle have to be to run at AMP?
- Arizona Motorsports Park has set a maximum limit of a 94.0 dB for any vehicle operating at AMP.
- How do I know how loud my car or motorcycle is?
- AMPs users periodically hold sound certification days for their members. If your vehicle passes the sound test with a 94.0 dB or lower you will be issued a sound compliance sticker that shows that your vehicle has passed the noise requirement and is OK to run on track.
- Why a 94.0 dB?
- The 94.0 dB prevents the TRACK sound meter limit from being reached.
- What if I passed the 94.0 dB and then I changed my muffler system?
- If your vehicle has drastically increased in noise from the approved 94 dB and it produces over a certain sound limit, you could cause the event to be shut down and render monetary fines for the organizer.
- What if my car is too noisy at an event and what are the consequences?
- This car will be flagged off and not allowed to run.
- Can I come to an event and run even if I don’t have my sound compliance sticker?
- It will be at the event organizer’s option to test vehicles before the start of the day’s activities.
- Is there an overall noise limit for the AMP facility?
- Yes. The overall limit is a 99.0 dB for the track and a 92.0 dB on the driving pad. If these sound limits are exceeded 3 times during an event the event will be shut down and the event organizer will pay a fine for each exceedance.
Don’t the noisy jets from Luke AFB blow the AMP sound meter limit?Yes. However, AMP has data recording sound meters placed on the site that determine if loud noises are from a jet or a car on the track.Why is the event organizer allowed only 3 sound meter exceedances?If AMP exceeds the overall 99 dB noise limit for the facility 11 times in any 30 day period, a violation will occur with Maricopa County. This results in a substantial fine and the facility must shut down for thirty days. Allowing only 3 exceedances at each event ensures that AMP will be operational for the next organizer that is scheduled to use the facility.How many people can be allowed on site at any given time?AMP’s Special Use Permit allows for a maximum of 200 people to be on site at any time with an off-duty police officer required at 99 people and over. This number includes AMP personnel.What are the facility hours?Gates open at 8:00A, vehicles are from 9:00A-4:00P, with gates closed and the facility vacated by 5:00P.Can races be held at AMP?AMP’s Special Use Permit allows for a few race days per month. Lapping and DE days are not considered race days. The same sound limits and requirements apply.